Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Discover More About Maintenance and Repair Services At Affordable Auto and Truck Repair in Clearwater
Auto AC & Heating Services
General Auto Repair Services
These guys are awesome. Polite, courteous, and honest! Kept me updated along the way. Highly recommend.
5 STAR and above! Affordable Auto and Truck Repair of Clearwater is fast, fair and an affordable auto shop. I took my car in for battery terminals replacement, and they were much cheaper than the car dealership I went to earlier this morning who quoted me, with at least $200 cost for parts and labor. I highly recommend this auto shop! They are very professional, knowledgeable, very helpful & honest. Final price was exactly as they said with no last minute or hidden fees. It's hard to find an amazing genuine mechanic/auto shop! Thank you again Affordable Auto and Truck Repair of Clearwater. I am a very very very happy customer who saved a lot of money. I am definitely coming back!!!
I found Affordable online threw a site that recommends repair shops in my area. I looked at some of the reviews & decided to try them with my cars overheating problem. After they checked my car out Troy called & let me know what the problem was & the cost to fix it. Since I'm on a fixed income & had just bought the car, I explained that it would take couple of days before I would have the funds available. Troy was very professional, polite, & shared empathy for the situation that the dealership that sold me the car had caused. I'm very happy that I decided to use this repair shop. I'm pleased with the repairs & that my car is drivable again. It is very refreshing these days to find a company that is professional, polite, & show empathy for a situation that may be very unpleasant. If you have mechanical problems with your vehicle & want to be treated like an intelligent person & not just a dollar sign, you need to call Affordable Auto & Truck Repairs. Troy, I would like to thank you & everyone that worked to get my car back on the road. I will definitely be referring family & friends to you. I did compare cost with other shops in the area & Affordable was around the same cost, & definitely less than a dealership. This is my forever auto repair company.
04/05/22 update from original post. I had to call my friends at Affordable again. Per my first post I have to say nothing has changed. They are still my 5 Star auto repair shop, and I will take my car to no one else. Thanks guys, keep up the great work.
Great service and hospitality.
Great customer service, first time called here and was very friendly and welcoming. Will inspect brakes for free then quote. I'm heading down there tomorrow morning and will update my review. So far FANTASTIC!
Affordable Auto did an outstanding job remaining transparent and providing great communication and service!! I would highly recommend this shop to anyone looking for dealer quality work for half the price.
They also went out of their way to help me deliver a gift to my friend that lives locally. Thank you!! : )