Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Discover More About Maintenance and Repair Services At Affordable Auto and Truck Repair in Clearwater
General Auto Repair Services
Affordable Auto did an outstanding job remaining transparent and providing great communication and service!! I would highly recommend this shop to anyone looking for dealer quality work for half the price.
They also went out of their way to help me deliver a gift to my friend that lives locally. Thank you!! : )
Troy and his team were great! Finding someone who could change our Lincoln MKZ hybrid battery, same day, was awesome! Thank you!
I would highly recommend using this company for your auto needs. They kept me updated as to my car repair, communicated what they?ve found & repair options. Troy was very helpful every step of the way, & I never felt like I was ?taken a run for my money?. For the price & customer service, no need to review other companies!
The tech did a fantastic job diagnosing and repairing the brakes on my wife's 2016 Honda CR-V. It turns out that whoever did the brakes for the previous owner did them wrong and Affordable Auto and Truck Repair was able to diagnose and fix it VERY quickly. No more squeaky brakes and no more tire sensor light.
Great service, great price!
Thanks to all of you! Will definitely come back with all my vehicles.
Honest and fair dealing from the good people at Affordable Auto?they really do value their customers and they will not take advantage of you. You can just tell that they are a family operated business that stays true to their core values. They fixed my truck up perfectly and for a great price. Very thankful for them! I would definitely recommend anybody here, as well as family and friends.
Honest business that shows you exactly what needs to be done. Warranties their work for 2 years. Highly recommended.